Launch Aldi’s Brand Partnership as official Supermarket of the Electric Picnic Festival
- Create an environment and CX to amplify the EP festival experience for festival goers
- Make the Aldi brand genuinely and seamlessly belong to the festival programming, and not just part of services and facilities
- Bring a real festival feel to the store, both inside & out
- Ensure the shopper experience matched that of a regular Aldi store, including average spend time in store, speed of operations and commercial targets a huge priority
- We designed, built and run a pop up supermarket in the green field site, open 16 hours a day over 4 days so festival goers could get all their weekend supplies.
- ‘DJ Kevin the Carrot’ performed sets live from the supermarket to keep the festival atmosphere connected inside the store.
The ‘Aldi Ice Shop’ was created beside the store to only sell ice, water and soft drinks; having identified this specific customer need.
- We created the ‘Aldi Little Picnic - Baby & Toddler Room’, to hero the brand's Mamia baby product range. This pop up tipi was the perfect amenity for parents and families; complete with changing facilities, nursing chairs, cosy furniture and toys, as well as free product such as snacks, nappies and wipes
- An extensive FUEL Team were responsible design, build, coordination, running and logistics of the entire site, including 24 hour stock deliveries
- FUEL also built and managed a private campsite for over 60 Aldi employees - this area featured premium camping setup for each employee, luxury showers & toilets, a chill out / recce area, catering and 24 hour security
- The store was in operation for over 63 hours over the festival weekend
- More than 42,000 festival goers visited the pop up supermarket
- Average of 665 visitors per hour, equal to 11 visitors every minute
- Overall Aldi's first year of activation was hugely successful, with plans for a bigger and better 2023 already underway